Create About It. Write About It. Be About It.
Apply for Pre-College Now
Complete the application and, if you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will be directed to the Financial Assistance Application.
To confirm enrollment, you will be directed to complete the Enrollment Confirmation Form which, in addition to a $300 deposit, is requested by the June 15 priority date. Spaces for on campus housing will be confirmed as long as space is available.
Submit your $300 Pre-College Deposit
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Summer Pre-College Program at the Institute of Art and Design at New England College is one of the highlights of the year for faculty and staff because of the significant positive impact it has on young artists.
This summer of 2021, the program will be delivered “on-campus” with options for students to reside on campus, or commute from home. As has been the case for the past year, NEC has delivered “in-person” education while following or exceeding the health guidelines. Given the small class size that has always been a part of Summer Pre-College, we expect to be able to run the program so that students have extensive interaction with faculty instructors and the wonderful studio facilities on the Manchester campus.
Dates and Times
- Arrival, Sunday, July 11 – Departure, Saturday, July 24, 2021
- Core subjects:
- Creative Writing
- Visual Arts
- Elective courses and workshops:
- 3D and Mixed Media
- Comic Arts
- Creative Writing
- Drawing and Painting
- Game Design
- Graphic Design
- Students earn 2 College Credits for successful participation, or 4 Credits after submitting an independent portfolio project afterwards
- Faculty are practicing artists and established instructors, experienced delivering highly engaging instruction for the Pre-college age group
- 10 students per class
Goals of the Pre-College Program
- Help students develop their personal artistic practices to inspire their creativity
- Promote problem solving and thinking outside the box
- Assist students in building their portfolio
- Create a sense of community, mutual respect, and support
- Did we mention “fun”?
$2,800 for Resident students, including double room accommodations in residence halls, full meal plan, program expenses, art/writing supply kit, and transportation to field trips
$1,800 for Commuter students, including all of the above except housing and meals. Lunches Monday through Friday are included, however, and commuters may attend weekend activities if they wish.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Partial scholarships are available. Parents requesting financial assistance are requested to complete an online application, available along with the application for the program.